Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Background info...

Im starting this blog to document this experience, the ones ive had and the ones that are yet to come. Im starting to write at the start of my second year of being an apprentice electrician. This is my dream job and i see it as an avenue to get some sweet moolah working hard and honestly. I have come along way and it has taken me 4 years to get to this point and all along the way i never gave up on what i wanted for my daughter and myself.


@ Xmas 2004....

Grace, being a couple months old by that stage was really starting to make my responsibilities for her more real. I was over being a bum tomato packer, I always dreamt of something more and more respectable and exciting.

" So, what do you do for a living?"
"Well, Im a tomato packer, i sort tomatoes according to thier ripeness, i pack them and stack them"
" Well - arent you a fuckhead?"

So I decided to do a tafe course to broaden my horizons. I grabbed a copy of the course guide from my local tafe and spent hours daydreaming of training to be in certain vocations. Some courses inspired me but not enough. I scrolled through til I found a pre-vocational course in Electro-technology. The course was situated in Maryborough a town 100 kilometers away from where i was. I still took to it like a rat on cheese. I remember my first day everyone was staring at me. I didnt do that well and lost interest through some of it however, during tafe i was first introduced to dexamphetamine, a drug doctors dish out to children who suffer add. To the normal human being, this drug causes you to concentrate really really really hard. I fucking love them and i do condone using them in study environments - but hey im not a doctor. 6 months of driving 200 kilometer round trips lead me to nothing! No luck with jobs i applied for at sugar mills and with private contractors, it was depressing me and bumming me out. I thought i had the go getter attitude and for a female i am quite a workhorse but no shit nothing and it stayed like that for 3 years......

I was going out with this bloke, his name was Brad. He was an apprentice plumber and after hooking up at a nightclub one night we ended up living together. I was working for the absoloute douchebag boss at a denture clinic. One of the other girls there was truly the most knivving arse kissing mole i have ever met. I would turn up to work not wanting to be there and it showed for sure. I was abused and completely humiliated by this pair and the prosthethists wife i quit my job. Me and Brad soon quickly disbanded and for the next few months i was living with an assortment of people and as selfish and pig headed as i was and am i probably put myself and my daughter in danger but thankfully that is nothing but a past paranoid thought. One day I decided to pack my shit and leave and chase my dream. Working, earning money toward a better life for me and grace. 1600 kilometers away im someone i want to be. But not without sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment